Code for Concinnity

Thunderbird hanging with 100% CPU usage — culprit discovered — the Google Contacts add-on

Several months ago I started using the Google Contacts add-on for Thunderbird and it’s been hanging periodically ever since. I just thought it’s Thunderbird and tried all those compacting folder, resetting the cache thing.

Today it hang again and I was frustrated, so I did dtruss (strace) on it and found that it seemed to be stuck in an infinite loop trying to access my Google contact feed.

I replaced it with the gContactSync add-on and it’s working smoothly now.

Published by kizzx2, on May 6th, 2013 at 9:35 pm. Filled under: UncategorizedNo Comments

No comments yet.

Leave a Reply